The Simple 3-Step Marketing Funnel
When prospective customers visit your website, you obviously want to obtain their information so you can build a relationship with them and provide them additional information about your products or services in the future. This process is where they OPT-IN, and it actually needs three elements.
The 3 Elements of the Complete Opt-in Process are:
- Landing Page This is the 1st page users will see in the process. It will have a graphic of your lead magnet, a compelling headline, some benefit based bullets and of course – a place for people to enter their name and email address.
- Thank You Page This is the page that users are taken to as soon as they successfully enter their name and email address. This is a tragically underutilized page by most.
- Email Autoresponder This is tool that has the ability to automatically send out email.
We just asked for some contact information so we need a place to store it. YES, you need an email autoresponder and here’s why. If you don’t have an email autoresponder, you will physically have to email your lead magnet and all the follow up to each person that requests your lead magnet. That would be a ridiculous waste of your time – it is extremely important that you sign up for an email autoresponder if you don’t already have one.
There are tons of options out there but the most popular ones are:
- Aweber https://www.aweber.com
- Mailchimp https://www.mailchimp.com
- Infusionsoft https://www.infusionsoft.com
So here is what the entire process looks like when it’s all laid out, but let’s step through what happens in each phase of the process.
Step 1 -Your steady stream of perfect prospects hit your landing page and have two options – either they go away or they fill out the form.
- If they go away … they got away and we’ll get them another day.
- If they stay and fill out the form, 2 things can happen:
- If the person submits an error like a bad email address, or forgetting their name an error will appear on that page and ask them to fix it.
- If the data that was submitted is good – the web user will be automatically redirected to Step 2 – The Thank You Page.
This redirection from Landing page to thank you page happens almost instantaneously. I’m sure you all have seen this hundreds of times. At the same time that redirect is happening, the data from your landing page (name, email, etc) is ALSO being sent to your email autoresponder (Step 3).
Once somebody fills in your landing page form, they are redirected to the thank you page (usually to consume some more content) while at the same time their data is being sent to the email autoresponder.
Once the contact information is stored in your email autoresponder, you can then follow up with you prospects and hopefully turn them into customers eventually.
Now It’s Your Turn
Use the comments section below and tell me if you are using an autoresponder, or wasting your valuable time physically doing it yourself?