No doubt about it … landing pages will undoubtedly give you the best results when encouraging prospective customers to opt-in your lead magnet, but there are a couple of other methods that should not be overlooked.
1. Sidebar Opt-in
- Great options inside of a blog-based website
- Form or Graphic
- Key is to make them stand out
- fiverr.com or canva.com
2. In Content Opt-in
- Many options for placement – top of content, in content, bottom of content
- Form in page
- Graphics that link out to landing page or popup
- Great success with these because when they’re done right – you’re making an offer that makes sense. It’s like saying … Hey I hope you enjoyed this article about X, would you like to learn even more – check this out.
- Great marketing is the right offer to the right people at the right time…this definitely takes advantage of the right time
3. Popup Windows
I know a lot of you aren’t fans of the popup window, but I would ask you to keep an open mind here because it’s not really about what you like…it’s about the customer and people still use these because they work.
The cool thing is, popups have been around forever but they’ve gotten more sophisticated over time. Now we can only show them once every 10 times you visit the site, or after 30 seconds on the same page, or only when you’re leaving the site.
I use what are called “exit intent” popups. My popup window only shows up under certain circumstances and only when you’re leaving the page. So when somebody moves their cursor up to the top of their browser like they’re going to either close the browser window or go to type in a new web address, then the popup shows up and is like … Hey!!! Before you go, don’t forget your free gift!
Again, I am very non-aggressive with these and I’ve seen conversion rates from 7.5% all the way up to 13%. That’s 13% of the people that are leaving my site stop and give me their email address.
Here are some links to some Opt-in Software Programs:
- OptiMonk www.optimonk.com/
- OptinMonster www.optinmonster.com/
- Thrive Leads www.thrivethemes.com/leads/
There you go. Now you know some alternative opt-in methods that I recommend you play with – test them out and see which ones work for you.
If you’re generating the right type of traffic you don’t want to let these people slip through your fingers so easily. You’ve already done the hard part of getting them on your website…now you just have to offer them your free cool stuff. Who doesn’t like that?
Now It’s Your Turn
Use the comments section below and tell me what opt-in methods have you tried?